Inviting all of the Critical Massive to the airport critical mass on Saturday October 1st! Yes that’s right, the day after critical mass London around lunchtime, 470 people have already signed up to cause a spot of trouble to the environmental menace that is the aviation industry! Sign up at reclaimthepower.org.uk for updates of precise time and location to meet.
We will protest the governments plans for major airport expansion at City and Heathrow, demanding that frequent flyers be taxed instead of rewarded, to radically reduce the aviation industry’s emissions to levels compatible with a sustainable future.
We will be a banner-flying loud carnival of bikes and sound systems visiting two places related to the injustices around aviation, and also causing a bit of mischeif – sign up and stay tuned!
* All riders are meeting at midday @ Grow Heathrow, Vineries Cl, Sipson, West Drayton, UB7 0JH (planning to leave by 12:30)
* The bike ride will not go into any areas restricted to bicycles, but will stop off at a few different locations on the route. An action agreement was drawn up to set safe parameters for anyone participating in this mass action, and outline our collective intentions and responsibilities for the day: https://reclaimthepower.org.uk/aviation-flashmob-critical-mass/aviation-action-consensus/
* We’re asking everyone on the bike bloc to WEAR RED to convey how “aviation expansion is crossing a red line” (there will be spare red boiler suits at the meeting point for anyone without red clothes)
* A legal briefing for riders will also take place at the meeting point.
* For anyone on foot, there is also a flashmob bloc which will be meeting elsewhere, and will be taking action at the airport itself.
More info is available from the website at :
See what other recent direct action has been like: