I’m sitting in my room. The entire country is under lockdown. Dozens of countries are declaring curfews and lockdowns each day.
I’m bored. I feel like my time isn’t being utilized efficiently. Since there isn’t much to do, I divide a huge portion of my time to scrolling down the news updates, sending messages on Signal, and going through the rooms on Matrix.
We’ve been under lockdown for the past few days. Has the situation improved? Nope. Has the number of new infected cases lowered? Nope. Is the curve flattening? Not at all.
This is what happens when people undermine the severity of a critical situation. They are dragged into a crisis.
There are almost 100 new cases from my geographical region everyday. It has been that way for about 5 days now. I had predicted it over a week before the numbers started climbing. It doesn’t take a genius to predict an international crisis. All it takes is a keen eye, a sharp mind and an observant nature. Anyone who had followed the Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic could tell that a similar crisis would occur if it spread to their country.
So what’s happening around the world today?
- Dozens of countries under complete lockdown
- Hundreds and thousands of new infected cases being tested everyday
- The healthcare system is at full capacity and overwhelmed by the new cases
- Lack of adequate medical facilities to take care of new cases
- Patients are lying on the corridor and hallway floors as there is lack of beds and ventilators in the hospitals
- Older patients left untreated to die from the virus
- Government lying and covering up about their incapability to combat with the pandemic
- Lockdown has led to lack of food and essential supplies
- Many people are starving and will eventually die of hunger
- People are committing suicide due to inability to live in isolation
- Some infected individuals are knowingly spreading the virus by walking freely in the community and contaminating everything
- Governments have mobilized the use of drones and firefighters to disinfect the streets and buildings
- Governments have activated national surveillance systems to track infected cases and their contacts’ whereabouts
- Contacts of infected cases are put under mandatory isolation
- Massive quarantine centers being set up in various countries to deal with the large number of infections
- Economy is going down the drain
- Government is pumping money into the system to keep it afloat. But for how long?
- Hundreds of people are dying everyday. Funeral homes and crematory centers are overwhelmed by the massive influx of dead bodies
- Politicians are scrambling to pin the blame on their opponents amidst the crisis
- Mainstream media has failed to cover the reality of the pandemic
- Independent journalists and citizens are sharing real-time footage clips on social media to alert the general public on the crisis
- 21 million cell phones in China have gone dark. What happened to those people? Are they dead?
- Whistleblowers are being arrested in other countries for “spreading misinformation”
- Citizens in lockdown, isolation and quarantine are getting tired of staying indoors all day everyday. The police have been authorized to use force to keep them in control
So what happens next?
I predict at least 10,000 infected cases in my geographical region within 2 weeks. At least a billion infected cases globally since and as the curve will not flatten.
Many democratic governments will turn into dictatorship regimes and many regimes will collapse under anarchy. The economy will collapse but recover eventually. When the pandemic war is over, a civil war will uprise to hold the incompetent leaders responsible.