Founder and director of From Syria With Love charity will give a talk about the refugee crisis in general and the plight of his native Syrian in particular. Baraa has already spoken to over 4000 people across the UK and his talk has been described as “insightful and informative”.
A vegan meal will be served from Kebele’s weekly volunteer cafe at 6.30pm with the talk starting at 7.30pm. It’s £2.50 for a main, £1 for desert and 50p for a hot drink (suggested donations – no one turned away due to lack of funds).
The talk lasts aproxomately 45 minutes, and covers:
• Introduction about Syria before the war, insights on diversity, culture and lifestyle for the people.
• Reasons behind the war in Syria to provide deeper understanding of our current world politics.
• Events that took a place inside Syria, untold stories and the global humanitarian refugee crisis.
• Suggestions on how can we help, why should we help and how to make a difference.
• My personal experience coming from Syria to study, seeking asylum after graduation and registering the charity.
• Short documentary about children and Q & A
For more information, please visit the following website:
Note: The talk and documentry include descriptions of the realiy of war and life as a refugee that that some people may find distressing.