We’re looking for more cooks for our vegan cafe on Sundays. It’s more fun than you’d think and really rewarding to cook for such a big crowd! Plus there’s a free meal in it! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
Founder and director of From Syria With Love charity will give a talk about the refugee crisis in general and the plight of his native Syrian in particular. Baraa has already spoken to over 4000 people across the UK and his talk has been described as “insightful and informative”.
A vegan meal will be served from Kebele’s weekly volunteer cafe at 6.30pm with the talk starting at 7.30pm. It’s £2.50 for a main, £1 for desert and 50p for a hot drink (suggested donations – no one turned away due to lack of funds).
The talk lasts aproxomately 45 minutes, and covers:
• Introduction about Syria before the war, insights on diversity, culture and lifestyle for the people.
• Reasons behind the war in Syria to provide deeper understanding of our current world politics.
• Events that took a place inside Syria, untold stories and the global humanitarian refugee crisis.
• Suggestions on how can we help, why should we help and how to make a difference.
• My personal experience coming from Syria to study, seeking asylum after graduation and registering the charity.
• Short documentary about children and Q & A
For more information, please visit the following website:
Note: The talk and documentry include descriptions of the realiy of war and life as a refugee that that some people may find distressing.
Sunday 15 January 2017
6.30pm @ Kebele Dinner
Kebele Social Centre (14 Robertson Road, Easton, Bristol)
Weekly dinner at Kebele Social Centre followed by discussion on Aberthaw Power Station in South Wales and the forthcoming public demo on Saturday 28 Jan with communities affected by opencast coal mining.
Followed by a performance of Buried Sunshine by Coal Action Network – voices from the front lines of coal extraction in Colombia.
The cafe’s going to close for the next couple of Sundays and will be open again on Sunday 8th January. If you’re up for being on the rota any time in January, email us at email@example.com and we’ll put you on the rota!
Fundraiser DJ night at Kebele for Bristol Solidarity Network (https://network23.org/bristolsolnet/)
Wreck it Richy and Rotting Gazza play ska and reggae.
Kid Gog and Pip Bin play mash up and jungle.
Kebele Sound Collective PA.
Come along and bring some friends. Please share on your networks.Party with purpose!
£3 on the door. All proceeds to Bristol Solidarity Network:
8pm – midnight. See ya there.