Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who contributed to positive change after 14 years of __________!
A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who contributed to the pursuit of truth, demanded straight answers from public officials reluctant to give them, and who uncovered what a wayward government entity would rather hide despite the laws of transparency. The working employees of ASU Police and the public owe you a debt of gratitude.
Thank you, Anne Ryman, Rob O’Dell, Stuart Warner, Emilie Eaton, D.S. Woodfill, Jim Romenesko, and Sundevilsagainstsexualassault. Your efforts have sped up the process of change towards accountability in public safety at ASUPD. We also thank the employees of ASUPD who realized that change can only come from the outside and had the courage and intelligence to pursue it and contact the media, post on the Integrity Report, despite the bullies, internal threats, and paper tigers of intimidation. The year 2014 has been productive, but we are nowhere near where we need to be within the Arizona State University Police Department so the fight continues, the exposure will continue, and we will double our efforts. Stand by!
2014 News Articles to date:
1. ASU police staffing trails campus growth – AZCentral.com
2. ASU, ASUPD under Federal Investigation
3. ASU, community-college police got military surplus
4. ASU Police Officers Have 70 Semi-Automatic M-16s They Don’t Need
5. ASU police plan to return surplus M-16 assault rifles
6. ASU police on heightened alert after violent sexual assault…
7. ASU names new chief for embattled campus police force
8. Sexual assaults at ASU rarely result in expulsions
9. Embarrassment a bad reason for government to redact facts
10. Arizona State University won’t let the Arizona Republic see sexual assault victims’ names
11. ASU Flouts Arizona Law, Refusing to Turn Over the Names of 36 Sexual Assault Victims
12. Sun Devils Against Sexual Assault (Not an article, but plenty of good information about the problem of sexual assault at ASU)
13. Coming soon…