Our initial response: Link to the Original post and our response
You know we will delete what exactly? We relish every opportunity to expose you for what you are. In this case nothing more than a scared and defeated bigot lashing out. Your anger, ignorance, and desperation are words to your sad little swan song. I pity the people who see you in uniform expecting honor, equality, fairness, integrity, and receiving what we see here instead.
Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like “the clique” within the Arizona State University Police Department is cracking under the pressure and we have potentially exposed a bigot within our opposition. We’re not surprised. The opposition makes one self-defeating decision after another and it is embarrassing to have enemies so juvenile and feeble minded.
We are against any form of discrimination because we are proud Americans who support freedom and equality no matter what race, creed, gender, religion or sexual orientation you may be. We would like to once again remind the bigoted people in our opposition about the oath they took to be sworn police officers. The fact they forgot it, ignored it, and broke the oath are why we are here today.
Simple Definition of BIGOT, Source: Merriam-Webster’s Learner’s Dictionary
: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)
Is it acceptable to have a bigot working at a police department? Of course not. This opposition poster uses a police code as their name and uses and Arizona State University email address to post it. I would like to know which member of the Arizona State University Police Department created this Email address and uses derogatory language aimed at the GLBT community and yet claims to support the sworn Officer code of ethics, diversity, and promises do exactly the opposite of what they’re doing. Does this person support the university mission? If this person was handling their police call would a GLBT member of the ASU community receive the same treatment under the law as a straight person.
Per ASU’s description of Discrimination in the Academic Affairs Manual (ACD) ACD 401: Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html
Discrimination is defined under applicable federal and state law. In general, unlawful discrimination means failing to treat people equally based, at least in part, on status that is protected under applicable law or policy. Protected status includes race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and genetic information.
Unless a person is restricted by law from doing so, any employee who is informed of or has a reasonable basis to believe that sexual harassment has occurred, shall immediately report all information regarding the occurrence(s) to the Office of Equity and Inclusion/Title IX Coordinator.
Failure to report and/or inaction may be cause for disciplinary action.
If an individual wishes to have a confidential conversation about an allegation of sexual harassment, that individual can do so by seeking an appointment with a licensed counselor or health care professional. The university provides such services at the Health Services, Employee Assistance Office, or ASU Counseling Services located on each campus. Also, consistent with state law, the ASU Police Department Victim’s Advocate is a person with whom an individual can hold a confidential conversation about an allegation of sexual violence, including sexual assault.
Additionally, any individual has the right to contact local law enforcement to file a criminal report.
A supervisor, manager, or administrator who is informed of or has a reasonable basis to believe that violations of this policy, other than sexual harassment, have occurred shall promptly report it to the Office of Equity and Inclusion. Failure to report or supervisory inaction may be cause for disciplinary action.
Anyone who believes that he or she has been subjected to discrimination, harassment, or retaliation in violation of this policy, or who believes that this policy has been violated, should report the matter immediately to the Office of Equity and Inclusion. (But keep in mind they won’t do anything about it, see below)
If an individual wishes to remain anonymous, that individual can make a report to the ASU Hotline at 877/786–3385. (But keep in mind they won’t do anything about it.)
If an individual requests anonymity after a report is filed, the Office of Equity and Inclusion/Title IX Coordinator will take into account the request, the due process rights of all parties involved, the severity of the alleged harassment, and the potential risk of a hostile environment for others in the community in order to determine whether the request can be honored. The requesting party will be advised of the determination. (But keep in mind they won’t do anything about it, see below)
Look at how they handled these issues:
ASU Barrett Honors College
- ASU Probes Relationships Between Students & Faculty (Fox 10) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiVMuOpnvoY
- Phoenix New Times expose: http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/barrett-the-honors-college-at-asu-is-a-close-knit-community-some-say-too-close-6633269
- Sun Devils Against Sexual Assault’s petition to fire sexual predators: https://www.change.org/p/mark-jacobs-stop-protecting-honors-professors-who-sexually-harass-and-abuse-students
- History of ASU’s professor/student relationship policy:https://sundevilsagainstsexualassault.wordpress.com/2014/10/27/history-of-asus-professorstudent-relationship-policy/
- Does ASU’s New Student-Faculty Relationship Policy Go Far Enough?http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/does-asus-new-student-faculty-relationship-policy-go-far-enough-6658224
- Michael Crow re: sexually predatory Barrett Honors professors (2012) https://sundevilsagainstsexualassault.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/dr-crow-open-forum/
- Michael Crow re: Title IX violations (2013) https://sundevilsagainstsexualassault.wordpress.com/2013/12/23/dr-crow-unofficial-interview-about-title-ix-and-rape-culture-at-asu/#more-317
- Kevin Salcido re: Title IX violations & faculty sexual predators (2013) https://sundevilsagainstsexualassault.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/transcript-asu-hr-kevin-salcido-on-faculty-predators
THE ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY POLICE VIDEO CHRONICLES: VOLUMES 1 through 4
Working towards 50 shades of unmitigated exposure!
2. THE ASU POLICE VIDEO CHRONICLES: VOLUME 2 MORGAN OLSEN INCOMPETENCE EDITION : HTTPS://VID.ME/ZGW0
3. THE ASU POLICE VIDEO CHRONICLES: VOLUME 3 STREET FIGHTER EDITION ORE VS FERRIN WITH CHIEF THOMPSON’S TRUTHFUL OPINION : https://vid.me/CNM8
4. THE ASU POLICE VIDEO CHRONICLES: VOLUME 4 INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CAMPUS LAW ENFORCEMENT ADMINSTRATORS (IACLEA) EDITION ASU POLICE ADMIN HAS NO BUSINESS BEING THERE! : HTTPS://VID.ME/ZGW0