Thank you – your support helped contribute to this important win.
Back in May we launched a campaign on LabourStart in support of striking German workers at Autogrill. 5,930 of you signed up to support it.
That campaign, called by the NGG union and its global union federation (the IUF), has now resulted in a victory.
The IUF has issued this statement:
The German Food Workers Union (NGG) have announced a successful conclusion to their fight for a first-ever collective agreement at Autogrill Germany, where workers in Bavaria and Thuringia have been holding strikes since April. On September 9, Autogrill Germany announced it would be joining the national employer organization for the sector, which would bring Autogrill employees under the national collective agreement for the sector. The NGG has warmly thanked the many thousands who supported the campaign.
It’s always great to report a victory — but I’d like to ask you to do more:
Make sure you’re supporting ALL eight of our current online campaigns. Workers on the picket line, workers who have been the victims of employer-initiated violence, workers who have been locked out — they all need your support:
- Peru/Colombia: Prosegur must denounce threats and attacks on trade unionists
- Thailand: Drop the charges against Andy Hall
- Poland: LOT sacks union leader
- IKEA: Stop social dumping
- Palestine/Israel: Say No to union-busting of Palestinian workers organizing in Mishor Adumim settlement
- Iran: Free jailed trade union leader Reza Shahabi now
- Poland: Stop union busting at Chopin Airport
- Poland: Solidarity with workers at LIDL
And most important of all: spread the word in your unions about these campaigns. Share this message by email and on social networks. Click on any of these links: