The Advisory Service for Squatters (“ASS”) is a data controller registered with the Information Commissioner’s Officer (“ICO”) under reference number ZB555025. We process personal data in the legitimate interest of advising, assisting, supporting and advocating in the interests of squatters and our service users. Information will be held securely for as long as is remains relevant to these purposes, after which time it will be destroyed securely. Service users’ information is confidential and, except in the case of an emergency, will not generally be disclosed without consent. Where ASS processes your personal information you have the right:
1. To be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
2. To access the personal data we hold about you (subject to advice privilege). You can make a request by emailing email@example.com. We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. This is normally free of charge, but if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge you a fee to cover our administrative costs in responding.
3. To have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified.
4. To be forgotten if the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected / processed it.
5. To restrict (in certain circumstances) processing of your personal data, including for particular purposes.