How desperate are the Flint and Denbigh hunt

Hit report 10/2/24
𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗢𝗻 𝗖𝗹𝗲𝘄𝘀

Rumour going around are that the Flint and Denbigh hunt have failed to find a new huntsman for next season, and they’ve had to promote their current whipper-in Eddie Clews (known by locals as ‘Carry On Clews’). It really is desperate times for the Flint and Denbigh hunt.

On Saturday they met at Nantclwyd Hall in Llanelidan. It was obvious from the get-go that the hunt intended to illegally hunt foxes. The last time we were at Nantclwyd Hall we reported about the estate leaving dead sheep out in the fields to attract foxes to hunt, this hasn’t changed.

The hunt headed to Cae Coed, the large woodland, despite having a public footpath through it, has been turned into a giant pheasant pen. The whips Clews and Huw were sent to stand on-point at one end the woodland as Dunn cast the hounds. One fox had already been seen fleeing the woodland, and the foxes line was covered by sabs. The hunt had started to leave the area when a second fox was then seen bolting the woodland, coincidently from the direction where the hunts terrier mens quad could be heard. The hunt then looped around back to the woodland to try pick up on the scent of the fox, one of 3 visits to this woodland in their desperate attempts to kill a fox.

Dunn with only a few meets left until he steps down at the end of the season doesn’t seem to care just how blatant he is. With hounds speaking on a line, they entered a woodland, and Toby rode up to hunt supporter Greengrass, and said “he’s in here, when we find him we’ll come up with a plan”, right in front of the sabs. Thankfully they didn’t find him, which was probably down to Dunns incompetence.

We were hoping for an early finish as Clews had told us they’d be home in time for the rugby. But when many of the field riders left around 2.30 the hunt continued, heading to the woodland Cefn y Gader. Clews again sent to stand on-point on the North side the woods. One fox was seen fleeing and his line covered by sabs. We’re unsure whether it was the same fox but a fox was seen again, this one broke towards the road, crossing the road right in front of one of our vehicles. Sabs were able to stop the hounds from crossing the roads by using voice calls and the sound of whips cracking, to the disgust of Toby. He’d had a face on him all day, with our drones proving to be a hindrance to them, the terrier boy moving on every time the drone was above them. 3.30 and cutting it late to get home in time for the rugby, the hunt finally headed back to the meet point to pack up. But the silly billies had somehow managed to get locked in the car park at the meet point. We don’t know how long they were stuck for as we had to leave as the rugby was on.

Thanks for all your kind donations, if you would like to buy us a coffee donations can be made on this link TY 😊 🦊

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.